[Opensim-dev] scene import/export to another app: oar? dotscene? collada?

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Wed Sep 16 01:26:44 UTC 2009

Could OAR be generalized to include scene graphs with meshes? That would
be really nice as it would create two things not currently supported:
hierarchical
scene graphs and triangular mesh. If an importer is written to opensim,
then it is
a matter of coaxing the viewer to render these.. In your list of
options, you might
also consider the indexedfaceset of X3D for the mesh (X3D also supports
a true
scene graph).
-p