[Opensim-dev] Proposal: OpenSim StyleCop compliance

Sean Dague sdague at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:18:53 UTC 2009

Stefan Andersson wrote:
> One of the biggest impacts on code is the transition from "m_" to explicit
> "this." and that commenting, regions and line break formatting is strictly
> governed.
>

> As you all know, I've been a proponent of "m_" but that's something I'm
> ready to lay aside to achieve consistent code style. I also know that there
> is reflecting code depending on the "m_" naming, but those projects can be
> excluded until we can get a fix for that.
>

> As StyleCop is implemented as a Visual Studio plug-in I guess code cleanup
> will have to be a voluntary effort by the Visual Studio developers. This
> proposal is more about embracing the StyleCop code style in itself.

+1 to conforming style here, honestly any set of consistant rules is
better than non consistancy, and if a tool from the windows side of the
house can keep us honest, more power to it.

I personally never liked the m_ anyway, so it going to more explicit
nature would be fine with me.

	-Sean

sdague at gmail.com                                 Linux Users Group