[Opensim-dev] Load OAR and on_rez

Alan M Webb alan_webb at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 8 13:54:49 UTC 2009

Currently when an OAR is loaded, on_rez is inappropriately driven for
every script. From a script's perspective, a region restored from an OAR
file is not fundamentally different to a region restored from the region
database following a region restart. The only event we should be seeing
(for scripts with saved state, and by definition all scripts in an OAR
file have saved state) is a CHANGED event indicating
CHANGED_REGION_RESTART. If everyone is cool with this, I'll make the
change (it's a simple one-line change in ArchiveReadRequest) and submit
it.

Best regards
Alan
T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, NY
1-914-784-7286
alan_webb at us.ibm.com