[Opensim-dev] versioning question

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Thu Sep 3 16:00:23 UTC 2009

I am using TortoiseGit and did a "show log". When I do this, and
show the graph clicking on the topmost message dated 9/2/2009,
there is something that says

Showing 10185 Revisions from Revision a82950 to 6cf610

not sure how to interpret this hexadecimal indexing. Should I consider
"10185" to be the number? The actual commit # is a long hexadecimal
string. The beginning of it matches what you said:

6cf610 is the revision #? Do we need to bring out the old HP calculators? :)
-paul

Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-1414