[Opensim-dev] versioning question

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:31:35 UTC 2009

The 'interface v5' part refers to the interface protocol between the region simulator and the grid (and defacto, between
region simulators).  It doesn't have anything at all to do with the OpenSim version (0.6.6).

In principle, if you are running from a source repository update then the git version should be tacked on the end of
OpenSim 0.6.6 (e.g. 0.6.6 239a1).  This should also be true if you are updating from the SVN mirror (e.g. 0.6.6.10108).
  If this isn't the case then this is arguably a bug.

Gustavo Alberto Navarro Bilbao wrote:
> Yes, is very dark. In our server we are using the last Diva's version
> from git, than works in our case better than the 0.6.6 downladed from
> the wiki, a service with 0.6.6 .10108, in OSGrid, an other with 0.6.6
> .239a1 and other with modrex.
>
> The 0.6.6.6 in the console show the same "interfase v 5", very criptic
> and really dark.
>
> Albert
>
> 2009/9/3 Paul Fishwick <fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
> <mailto:fishwick at cise.ufl.edu>>
>
>     With the use of git or svn, what is the relationship between the
>     Version and the Build #? Once upon a time, we would do a
>     "show version" in the console, and it was very clear which specific
>     opensim version was being used. Now, it says:
>
>     OpenSim 0.6.6 (Dev) (interface version 5)
>
>     rather than something clearer (at least to me) like:
>
>     OpenSim Version 10115
>
>     The problem is that I don't know which build to refer to as I would
>     imagine
>     that the code base changes daily. Thanks.
>
>     -p
>
>     --
>     Paul Fishwick, PhD
>     Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
>     University of Florida
>     Computer & Information Science and Eng. Dept.
>     Bldg. CSE, Room 301
>     P.O. Box 116120
>     Gainesville, FL 32611
>     Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu <mailto:fishwick at cise.ufl.edu>