[Opensim-dev] The notion of "core"

Impalah Shenzhou impalah at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 09:15:55 UTC 2009

And who is the Linus Torvalds of Opensim?

I understand the existence of a core team, I understand too the existence of
a "secret" list for organization purposes (for example what Adam says about
voting a new comitter).

But some kind of decissions (i.e. what should or should not be included in
core, what to change or not to change on public interfaces...) must be
public. Usually there are lots of other os projects giving value to the main
project and their voices should be taken into account.

Don't misunderstood me, please, I am not trying to say that "opensim is
ruled by some kind of supercool guys with superpowers and the rest of people
are just bullshit", personally I am comfortable with the project management,
but maybe taking care with some pollitical or image questions will be
necessary to increase both high valuable contributions and project
popularity.

To manage political stuff like this sucks, but that's the difference between
community and enterprise, I think. Maybe it's time to define who is who, and
how to do this kind of things before the monster grows up.

Anyway, as with hundreds of os projects, anyone could make a fork and follow
his/her/their own rules.

Please excuse me if I looks like some kind of Captain Obvious :-P

Greetings