[Opensim-dev] Mega Regions and PAL support in OpenSim?

Robert A. Knop Jr. rknop at pobox.com
Thu Oct 1 01:35:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 06:23:56PM -0700, Dahlia Trimble wrote:
> We're watching PAL and may consider it when we find it to be sufficient for
> use with OpenSim. Another factor to consider is the majority of OpenSim
> developers are unpaid volunteers and it's difficult to find people who have
> the knowledge and expertise for implementing physics simulations and are
> willing to donate their time and services. If you have this expertise or
> know of someone else who would be willing to help implement PAL then please
> do consider creating a PAL module and donating it to the community.

I fully understand (at this point) the MICASim Physics module and how it
interacts; thanks to ter_afk (on IRC-- I wish I knew his real name!) for
some pointers on getting the message back that the scene needs to get
updated info from the physics sim.

I have figured out a bunch of what needs to happen, but not all of it.
Could somebody point me to where I'd look to understand what taints are
all about WRT a physics engine?

I have various interests in physics engines, what with being a
physicist and the last one to hack the MICA code....

--
--Rob Knop
  E-mail:    rknop at pobox.com
  Home Page: http://www.pobox.com/~rknop/