[Opensim-dev] OpenSim 0.7 Release Candidate with ALL working OpenSim Modules

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 01:22:55 UTC 2009

There actually is a design and roadmap. I know, I've seen it. Again, this is
an alpha project - so the design and roadmap morphs, disappears, gets
rewritten, and is sometimes even hidden.
While I have no particular desire to discourage anyone for using opensim, I
dont recall any of us ever saying 'come on, build your products around this
alpha platform'.

Nor do I recall any of us representing opensim as anything ready for
adoption, adaptation, integration, or production use of any sort. On the
contrary, in an effort to properly manage expectations, we have, almost as a
unit, adopted a mantra of 'this is not ready for primetime use'.

Any other representations are driven strictly by user perception.

It remains, for better or worse, a 'use at your own risk' platform, whatever
'use' might be contrived to mean, at least until such time as we proclaim
otherwise.

Bottom line is, until we -do- make a release and stamp it '1.0', if ya can't
stands the heat, gets yourself out of the kitchen. And if you -can- stand
the heat, get in there and chop up the mirapois with the rest of us.

Cheers

http://osgrid.org
http://del.icio.us/SPQR
http://twitter.com/jstallings2