[Opensim-dev] Leaving Project

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Tue Nov 24 00:57:53 UTC 2009

The problem is recreation & reinterpretation may not be copyright-transfer free.

Looking at the code, then reimplementing the mechanism may trans-include the copyright on the original into the new implementation.

We've had umpteen different lawyers look into this problem for us and they all pretty much say the same thing. "Ask Linden Lab for an indemnification against this or don't look at the viewer code for 3-6 months when moving projects." - we did the first, they said no, so we're doing the second.

Unless you can get a qualified lawyer to say otherwise, that's the way the policy is going to stay.

Regards,

Adam