[Opensim-dev] Leaving Project

Kyle Hamilton aerowolf at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 23:45:59 UTC 2009

I've already explained the futility of the concept of "trade secret"
protection when LL already released the viewer code, and the
specifications for connecting to a server -- they told the secret,
themselves, and to be a trade secret first something must be secret.
The only thing they can claim is copyright protection, and since
there's no means of automatedly transforming C++ code into C# code
there's no transformation without reinterpretation and recreation,
thus preventing any copyright claim from succeeding.  (I am not a
lawyer, but I've read Eben Moglen's essays.  You know, the general
counsel for the FSF?)

-Kyle H