[Opensim-dev] Anonymous Avatar

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Thu May 28 18:15:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 1:26 PM, MW <michaelwri22 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> In standalone mode there is a "annoymous mode" which basically means that
> there isn't any checks of passwords done, and if someone tries to sign on
> using a account (user name) that doesn't exist, then a new account is
> automatically created for it.
>
> But there currently isn't any support for deleting the accounts after the
> user logs off. So if someone logged in using "Test User", then created some
> things in their inventory, the next user to sign in with that name would
> have the same inventory. Although I wouldn't think it would be too hard to
> add support for auto deleting accounts.

hows about this set things up so that  users with the name  whatever
%marker% automatically have their accounts wiped on logoff
so for example if the maker was Furfriend and somebody used the account name
Lucas Furfriend then on logoff that account would be dumped from the
DB (or maybe not even saved at all)
--
Robert L Martin