[Opensim-dev] Crash on HEAD during startup

diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
Wed May 27 16:29:04 UTC 2009

Mike,

Please see the bottom of the new OpenSim.ini.example and follow the
instructions there.

The switch to the new architecture described here
(http://opensimulator.org/wiki/OpenSim_Services_and_Service_Connectors)
will be visible to OpenSim users in exactly this: the configuration.

People can't just reuse their old OpenSim.ini; there is a discontinuity
in the way things are configured. Config includes enable much more
powerful ways of pre-packaging configurations, so we can really make
things a lot simpler, not just in the services area but all over. We've
just started to scratch the surface.

Hopefully by the time we're done with this, the switch to the new "modus
configurandi" will be really easy, and there won't be any major issues
for most people. For now, we're not there yet, so people in head need to
pay attention to configuration issues.

This is an important part of planning the switch for the new services
architecture (point (4) on my email
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-dev/2009-May/006539.html),
assuming there is a general agreement that the architecture itself is a
good thing (point (3) on that email). The discussion (point (2)) is
still open.

Crista