[Opensim-dev] breaking OpenSim.ini changes

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Tue May 19 15:47:55 UTC 2009

Well said. Trunk is supposed to be the developers' work area. If we
can't use trunk as a work area anymore, maybe things should be in
branches!
This is work in progress, and there will be breaking changes, and
lots more. Documenting as we go it not an option, since we
frequently have to go back and change things after the fact. Much
easier to document when it's done than to keep remembering what is
already on the wiki and where, and to update it whenever some small
thing needs to be changed.
This is about code development, not about the general usability of
trunk. Trunk is supposed to be broken, we have releases for people
who expect things to JustWork(tm).

Now, let's get this work done and not talk it to death in committee.

Melanie