[Opensim-dev] Alternatively Identifying Assets using URL's

Mystical Demina MysticalDemina at xrgrid.com
Fri May 1 14:59:45 UTC 2009

I have started working on the Xenki viewer which is a web base viewer and I
can see wanting to support this.  Right now Xenki is based on XAML and XBAP.
I have been playing with Silverlight based web client as well but that is a
bigger effort but where I like to get long term.  But both of these I can
see getting images using a URL so I can use the browser's image caching and
simply texture management.  I suspect we can create URLs based on
http://www.assetserver.com/AvatarUUID/AssetUUID or some kind of CAPS
concept, so the server can see if this avatar is logged in and has
permissions to retrieve that image.  But I can also see if we can move away
from UUID to file names then that opens up to using every image in the
internet not just images that are uploaded into the grid.

If we have something working let me know I would be happy to play with it.

Kevin Tweedy

IRC: Mystical

  _____