[Opensim-dev] WG: Legal Issues was RFC Profiles

Mike Dickson mike.dickson at hp.com
Tue Mar 31 22:26:36 UTC 2009

If as a creator I want to add a notecard to my object indicating the
licensing terms I want to apply when someone has a copy of or rez's my
object I'm free to do so.  Heck I could even get fancy and script it
asking for a click-through menu response or something.  I'm not against
licensing of objects.  Just don't pollute what is IMO an already a tad
over-complex OpenSim core with it.

Content licensing is a matter for the grid TOS and individual content
providers on that grid.  Not, IMO something that OpenSIM core needs to
worry about or address.

Mike