[Opensim-dev] Legal Issues was RFC Profiles

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Tue Mar 31 09:22:20 UTC 2009

Well, you /could/ use hashing to define the license text, but honestly? A URI works better. Really, just making it complicated in order to have a UUID really isn't ideal.

OpenSim can internally download from a URI and present to the user as a notecard if we wanted, we're not really forced into identifying licenses by UUID.

If we stick to URIs, it becomes quite possible to identify as either a content hash or a content locator. This gives us a lot more flexibility, plus does not limit us to a finite quanta of licenses preinstalled on the system.

Adam