[Opensim-dev] RFC: Ways of creating profiles for creators who will never log in

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 14:33:13 UTC 2009

"The latter needs to be avoided for reasons of liability."
actually, ..   no.   That isn't entirely true.

That statement should be rephrased, "The latter needs to be avoided
for reasons of public relations.".   Our license protects us from what
individuals do with the software..   however, we are not another
'copybot' and we don't want to appear as one by providing the
capability, out of the box to make a duplicate of content somewhere.
 Therefore, we don't provide that capability.

Sincerely

Teravus