[Opensim-dev] C# 3.0 vs .Net 2

Chris Hart Chris at codetorque.co.uk
Thu Mar 26 10:47:21 UTC 2009

You may find some issues with that since it's a CTP (pre-beta) from
2006, so some supported syntax in there may have changed for final
release, but can't say for certain.

Teravus is correct in that VS2008 is available for free
(http://www.microsoft.com/express/vcsharp/). Installing C# 2008 Express
you also get SQL Server 2008 Express installed, so you have some options
for using that out of the box too. C# Express should be able to handle
most basic development tasks - I guess it just depends on how nice you
want to be to 2005 Pro or higher owners going forward as to whether to
stay in 2.0 land or move on.