[Opensim-dev] Bug or Feature? :( A sim is constantly taking abnormal ram space and eventually crashes after a few hours.

Salahzar Stenvaag salahzar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 22:10:29 UTC 2009

Tell me if I can raise a mantis on this..

In Cyberlandia we have a sim "prometeo" where some builders are doing some
interesting building developments. Now there is a real interesting
architecture made with a certain amount of superprims and some wonderful
buildings made by some very interestingly crafted rounded prims. In total
they are around 2200 prims (not so much I have been told). And there are
around 60 scripts which are not doing anything particular.

What it happens is that the supporting instance (1 instance holding this
sim) will go instantly to 400 Mbytes, and after some hours it goes to 1.7 GB
or REAL memory.
I don't have any tools to understand what is happening, but this makes this
island almost impossible to use :(

If any core programmers wanted to have a look on this and help us understand
if there is something forbidden in the prims, or probably some bugs in SL,
that would be very nice.

If you want to download this oar
http://opensimita.org/upload/prometeo-mantis.oar.gz. (~32 Megabytes of oar).

Tell me if should I open a mantis on this.

Thanks,
salahzar