[Opensim-dev] "save iar" clarification and documentation on its use...

Salahzar Stenvaag salahzar at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 18:27:36 UTC 2009

This is just a small request for clarification of how save / load iar is
going to work in the future (We see that Justin is working on it).

I understood that this might allow people to save their inventory locally
(in a similar way as SecondInventory is doing), and then allow to restore
them in a 2nd time.

Some people understood that this is only working with standalone mode and
NOT in grid mode.
Is that true?

Is there a documentation page where to see the extent of IARs and how they
can be used?

For instance can they be used to "clean up" a grid saving all the IAR's of
the users, purging the asset store and reload all the IAR's back?

Or this is an heresy even to think of? :)

salahzar