[Opensim-dev] Update LibOMV

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 22:57:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 13:50:22 -0300
Arthur Valadares <arthursv at linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

> Since I think most of the community would rather not see an update
> that's going to mess things up more then it fixes, I wanted to suggest
> patching the current version with the big endian fix for now, until we
> feel we are ready (and have a good reason) to face the new libomv
> changes. This creates a small confusion though, as OpenMetaverse.dll
> in OpenSim will no longer be the original one compiled.

The OpenMetaverse.dll currently in the bin/ folder of the OpenSim SVN
trunk is actually built from the source that lives in the opensim-libs
SVN repository[1]. We should be able to apply the endianness patch to
that source, recompile, and update the OpenMetaverse.dll in OpenSim
trunk.

Mike

[1] http://opensimulator.org/svn/opensim-libs/