[Opensim-dev] Voice chat through Asterix

Mircea Kitsune mircea_the_kitsune at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:07:16 UTC 2009

I was meaning to ask this and I'm not sure if I already have: Would it be possible to include the Opensim compatible slvoice.exe in the core, for someone to replace the one in the client with it if they use Opensim? Would LL mind that and consider we are distributing parts of the client that we shouldn't? If so, could we try get an all-clear from LL to distribute our modified slvoice.exe replacement if they'd be ok with it? We could then even put this SLVoice.exe for download on every grid's homepage which would make everything most easy.

The correct slvoice.exe could also be included by default in the Hippo Opensim Viewer... I actually think that would be a crucial feature for that client personally. RealXtend already has the corrected slvoice.exe last I heard, so if we don't already have one maybe we could ask them if using theirs is ok.

Random thought: If we can get a slvoice.exe that still works perfectly with the LL grid's system and Opensim alike we could instead give that as a patch to LL, and maybe they could make the official client voice compatible with Opensim as well. As far as I know Linden does eventually accept a patch if it's proved it improves something without braking anything else in any way.