[Opensim-dev] Moving Archive code into Framework

Mike Mazur mmazur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 05:31:27 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm working on a plugin for the AssetInventoryServer that will serve up
tarballs of a user's inventory. Justin's done a lot of work on this
already with the save/load iar feature, and I'd like to re-use that
code.

The tar archiving code lives in
OpenSim/Region/CoreModules/World/Archiver right now. I'd like to move
it to OpenSim.Framework or somewhere else more central, since it seems
silly to require core region modules in the AssetInventoryServer. What
are your thoughts on this (particularly Justin)? Perhaps
OpenSim.Framework.Archive.dll could hold all that's required to handle
oar and iar files?

If there are no strong objections, I'd like to start with this right
away. Or if someone else wants to do this, please go ahead.

Thanks!
Mike