[Opensim-dev] Expanding the P2P approach

Tobias Dreher tdr at mms-dresden.de
Tue Mar 10 14:59:12 UTC 2009

Hi OpenSim-developers,

I am enthused by OpenSim and would like to participate actively on the
project.

For me an important aspect is the simplification of cross-linking sims, the
hypergrid extension is a step in this direction.

How about expanding the P2P approach with new services, such as
automatically seeking and finding new sims (peers)?

One possible scenario could be the following: I start OpenSim in standalone
mode (with hypergrid extension) and now I want to discover new Sims without
knowing the concrete network interface. At that point the new feature could
start searching for accessible sims and connect afterwards.

Are there already any projects or approaches concerning this scenario.

Best regards,

Tobias