[Opensim-dev] mantis resolved vs. closed

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 12:34:58 UTC 2009

Yes this caused quite a lot of confusion, frustration and embarrassment in
mixed amounts for nlin and myself last evening.

Even though the ticket I submitted was only 'resolved', it had to be
'reopened' when the results did not test true - thus giving the appearance
the ticket had been closed.

This is not good - it doesn't accurately describe the status of the ticket
nor it's disposition, and resulted in a tremendous amount of unnecesary
friction.

I dont want to rush into any particular solution, but I do think we need to
examine this and do something that is both more developer/tester friendly
and that accurately reflects the state of an issue.

Cheers
James

http://osgrid.org
http://del.icio.us/SPQR