[Opensim-dev] Regions larger then 256x256

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Mon Jan 26 10:57:27 UTC 2009

Again, that could be accomplished by having a 3x3 region matrix, where all three put 'their' objects onto the central region.

This of course means that they all need to share that regions state, to be able to do physics for it.
Another concept that we've toyed with in the past is to let a region place a scenepresence in another region to be informed of what's going on there; this could be one way of doing it.Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB

From: adamascj at hotmail.comTo: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.deDate: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 07:46:04 -0300Subject: [Opensim-dev] Regions larger then 256x256

  Like there are the problem of performance when we have more than 15/20 avatares inside one sim , I believe that is important to have regions smaller than 256x256. By example, a "mini-region" having  32x32. Using grid and a server for each of 64 glued mini-regions we can have a superpopulated area of 256x256   running well. Americo

check out the rest of the Windows Live™. More than mail–Windows Live™ goes way beyond your inbox. More than messages