[Opensim-dev] anon logins

Frank Nichols frank at thenichols.net
Sat Jan 24 04:10:21 UTC 2009

Hmm, well, my response was in regards to the client/viewer. I expect
each anon login would recieve a UUID which would make it unique as far
as the server/region is concerned. I expect some tweaking in the server
would be required. As for chatting etc, well, yes, it might be confusing
to have 20 or 30 people nearby all with the same name, but I think the
idea is not an account that people would use long term, but one that
someone could just drop in and see what OS/SL is all about. Also, the
server could assign a unique first or last name to the user if needed,
again, server side tweaks we can handle.

I am not familiar with the client code, so it may in fact be working
with the account/name and not the uuid, which would be unfortunate
design - but not the first unfortunate design decision there...