[Opensim-dev] Handling of "Default Media Texture"

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Thu Jan 22 09:07:28 UTC 2009

Or we simply duplicate the one we have and let it be referenced by both GUIDs.Best regards,Stefan AnderssonTribal Media AB

Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:46:47 -0800From: dahliatrimble at gmail.comTo: opensim-dev at lists.berlios.deSubject: Re: [Opensim-dev] Handling of "Default Media Texture"If the texture had a license which would allow it to be distributed freely outside of Linden Lab, then it could probably be included. If not, then I imagine that the UUID which is defined by the constant DEFAULT_TEXTURE might be able to be defined to reference the one which is currently distributed.
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Ai Austin <ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com> wrote:
Can I check what the Opensim dev team approach is to handling thedefault media texture, the interaction with LSL scripts that may useit, and the means to tie that up with the media texture used on plots?Second Life, and recent SL viewer releases allow use of a constantfor the UUID of the default media texture, or the UUID itself can bestated ("8b5fec65-8d8d-9dc5-cda8-8fdf2716e361" I believe)... BUT thisis complemented by the availably fo a texture in the standard libraryavailable to all that is that texture and has that specific UUID.Now we can always match up a custom texture and use that for the plotmedia texture, and use its UID in programs... but that doe snotensure compatibility across installations, and will require scripttailoring to allow objects to be used as intended.What is the planned approach in Opensim folks?  is it in fact alreadyhandled and |I just did not realise? Or perhaps we also can include"Default Media Texture" with the same UUID in the standard Opensim library?_______________________________________________Opensim-dev mailing listOpensim-dev at lists.berlios.dehttps://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/opensim-dev