[Opensim-dev] Region and Avatar UUIDs

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 15 11:15:53 UTC 2009

Ai Austin <ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com> wrote:
>1) Region seems to be handled simply.  If you FIRST introduce a
>region via an XML file with a given UUID, it takes that on.  So
>UUIDs can be preserved in the new environment (or indeed on test
>setups on salty builds ahead fo a real deployment as I do).  You
>cannot ALTER the UUID of a region via changes to the region XML file
>though... and that needs to be made explicit.

By the way, in the region XML files you seem to be able to
dynamically change on rebooting opensim.exe the following:

a) sim_name
b) sim_location_x, sim_location_y
c) internal_ip_port
d) external_host_name
de lastmap_refresh (can set to 0 to force a map refresh

BUT the following have no effect (even if altered)

a) sim_UUID
b) master_avatar_first, master_avatar_last

I would expect (a), but would have thought that (b) to change the
region owner id should be possible? Is that a bug?

I have no idea what the
master_avatar_uuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" does but
changing it to try to amend the owner of a region had no effect, or
if that and the (default written)
estate_covanant_uuid="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" are
changeable or needed.

Any advice?  If we get a good factual summary, I will try to add it
to the Wiki to help others.