[Opensim-dev] Ways to bundle a building/content for sharing with others

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:33:39 UTC 2009

While we are discussing export and import (save/load) mechanisms...
it strikes me that the serialization of opensim objects/assets in the
save-xml and save-oar formats MIGHT be a very useful basis for a tool
to take content back and forth between Opensim and Second
Life.   there are ways to export a 3D model built in a 3D tool and
create an instruction file that can be run through a "build" LSL
script which generates the objects in SL.   That si a way to manage
things such that they do not have to be built again in SL, Opensim,
etc.  I wonder what it would take to create an LSL scrio[pt which
could take a version of the save-xml or save-oar formats suitably
exported to text that could be put in a notecard for an LSL script to read?