[Opensim-dev] Stable Branch pt IV : Just one Fix

Stefan Andersson stefan at tribalmedia.se
Mon Jan 5 09:16:02 UTC 2009

Esteemed colleagues,

in my ongoing effort to work a qa process out that works for the project group as a whole, I've now copied the 0.6.1-release tag [r7880] into a branch called 0.6.1-post-fixes.

I have changed the name from 'stable' to 'post fixes' to try to better reflect the intention of the branch. Sorry if this breaks anything for people.

Also, I noted that there was a back-porting commit made to the release tag; this is not how you do it - instead, create a branch, just like I just did. Tags are just names for revisions, branches are for actual work.
As I've read no mailings to the contrary, I guess that we just took an implicit decision not to use the version number as an indication of branch status, which is fine with me. Let's just keep the discussion open.

And again, if you do a commit/patch you think should go into post-fixes (only security or stability fixes, debugging and reporting features) please consider rounding it off in a nice revision/patch and send the revision number my way, either thru e-mail or by assigning me a mantis.Best regards,Stefan Andersson aka lbsa71Tribal Media AB