[Opensim-dev] script states

Ralf Haifisch ralf at ralf-haifisch.biz
Mon Feb 23 08:30:01 UTC 2009

Hi all,

right now script states are kept in a directory “ScriptEngines”.

Loosing script states is getting a little bit pain in the neck.  Some script
don´t start without a manual reset for unknown reasons, other scripts don´t
get on their feet again by design.  So you have always some people running
around playing with scripts after an update that looses script state.

If I update I am always somewhat unsure wether I should take this into new
version or not- thinking about consistency and compatibility.

Furthermore I have no clue, wether that will be the best place in future
when sometimes region crossing for scripts or wearing scripted attachments
and logoff / logon will happen.

Would it be possible to move the script states to central, or at least the
region db ?

Cheers,

Ralf