[Opensim-dev] MXPClient?

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Mon Feb 23 03:00:42 UTC 2009

It's a new protocol being pitched as a standard for VW's. No, it's not required for Rex (they don't use it [although are discussing it]). Re: functionality- that kind of thing is fine. If it compiles we'll treat it as working. If things break, then there's potential either myself or Tommi will submit a patch to fix it up.

I wrote a blog post about it here: http://www.adamfrisby.com/blog/2009/02/compatibility/

Melanie can probably elucidate a little as to why it's good for us to have a couple of IClientAPI's in core - namely that it helps prevent monoculture in naming schemas and flow.

Adam