[Opensim-dev] It's that time of year again - GSoC 2009

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:25:22 UTC 2009

Frisby, Adam wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>

> We’re approaching the time when we’ll be able to submit an application
> to Google for Summer of Code sponsorship. We submitted an application
> last year which wasn’t accepted, but we’d like to try again given we’re
> a year older, wiser and more famous ;).
>

> We need to build the following (and I propose re-using our wiki page for
> it):

Personally I think we would be better off starting a fresh pages with the same headings, and copying things over so that
old stuff which isn't applicable anymore isn't copied.

By the way, I believe the old page is

http;//opensimulator.org/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCode

> -          List of developers (ideally core devs) who have time
> available to act as mentors.

I'm happy to put myself forward for this again.

> -          List of ideas for student projects, with a difficulty
> attached as well as a ‘skills needed’ / keywords.
>
> -          If any projects from last year’s used OpenSim, I’d like to
> know about them (I know OpenCog did a successful GSOC on an OpenSim bridge)
>

> If anyone wants to get involved in the application process, there’s
> plenty to do, but the above would be a good start.
>

> Adam

justincc
Justin Clark-Casey
http://justincc.wordpress.com