[Opensim-dev] It's that time of year again - GSoC 2009

Frisby, Adam adam at deepthink.com.au
Sat Feb 14 07:54:21 UTC 2009

Hey everyone,

We're approaching the time when we'll be able to submit an application to Google for Summer of Code sponsorship. We submitted an application last year which wasn't accepted, but we'd like to try again given we're a year older, wiser and more famous ;).

We need to build the following (and I propose re-using our wiki page for it):

-          List of developers (ideally core devs) who have time available to act as mentors.

-          List of ideas for student projects, with a difficulty attached as well as a 'skills needed' / keywords.

-          If any projects from last year's used OpenSim, I'd like to know about them (I know OpenCog did a successful GSOC on an OpenSim bridge)

If anyone wants to get involved in the application process, there's plenty to do, but the above would be a good start.

Adam