[Opensim-dev] Please do not revert fixes without careful comtemplation

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 17:25:14 UTC 2009

Is there a specific commit or mantis which this is addressing? I'm not aware
of which events your message applies to, but I can say in general that I've
only seen a code revert when the original changes  cripple functionality for
other users or imposes a needless barrier on further development, and then
the revert only happens after consultation with others had occurred.
This is also a fast moving project with many modifications made to the
source tree from many authors. Usually if a revert is required it needs to
happen quickly otherwise it becomes increasingly difficult to restore the
code back to a condition where it would be had the changes not been applied.
If the author of the changes had not been available at the time of the
decision to revert then notes are added to the mantis containing the patches
explaining the situation to the author.