[Opensim-dev] Blockers for unit testing physics modules

Tommi Laukkanen tommi.s.e.laukkanen at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:54:33 UTC 2009

Hello

I was writing some unit tests for physics modules and I collided with the
following problem with prebuild and nant:

Currently physics modules are stored in bin/Physics and because of this you
can not reference them in further steps of the build as you can define only
one reference directory for a project. I have referenced ode plugin dll from
test dll but because of the reference problem the nant build fails. The test
itself builds and works well in visual studio.

I dont see any way around this. We would need to move the physics plugin
dlls to bin directory like rest of the dlls or forget doing separate unit
test dlls which refer to these plugins.

This limitation is good to know for all prebuild work we do. Do not place
the build output to any other directory than OpenSim/bin or you cannot
reference that in other projects of nant build.

If someone knows how to fix this easily please let me know.

regards,
Tommi