[Opensim-dev] what are the core region modules? which are not?

Dahlia Trimble dahliatrimble at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 18:50:19 UTC 2009

What I was trying to say was taking a region module out core would allow
core to deviate in compatibility from those modules and not provide any
feedback to core developers that a deviation had occurred, nor would it
enforce any responsibility to maintain compatibility. In my case I would
have to divert my efforts from core development to maintaining a module that
others could break without their knowledge, and I feel that the time spent
could be enough to significantly reduce the functionality I could contribute
to core. In the case of the IRC module in particular, I would then propose
it be moved out of core at a later date when core had stabilized
sufficiently to mitigate the risk of future incompatibility.

(from off list)