[Opensim-dev] Dynamic hyperlinks (was TP protocol handle)

Cristina Videira Lopes lopes at ics.uci.edu
Sun Feb 1 21:46:22 UTC 2009

Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> So to clarify, does this facility mean that one can teleport to a hyperlinked region using a url even if the region
> owner has not explicitly set up that link?

Yes.
These dynamic links are intended to be temporary (although I haven't
done the expiration part yet). You click on the url, the link gets
established, and you have a window of time to TP; after that, the link
may go away. Look at it as a facility that the region provides to the
visitors, not the intentional "my world, my links" deal you get from
static links. But the machinery is the same.