[Opensim-dev] asset_database = "local" or "grid"?

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 1 21:16:17 UTC 2009

At 18:29 01/02/2009, "Chris Hart" <Chris at codetorque.co.uk>
wrote:
>Setting asset_database to "local" will store your assets in a .db sqlite
>database on your file system, and not in MySQL at all. If you run in
>grid mode, you should always set this to "grid" to avoid confusion
>unless you are connecting to someone else's grid and want your assets to
>be stored locally and not on their asset server.

Thanks Chris.   Wierd -  we have been running for sometime definitely
with MSQL no SQLite data bases are around or created... and all the
settings are for grid and the opensim MySQL db we are using
fine.  but asset-storage said "local" in our opensim.ini.  maybe it
was ignored ?

Anyway, I flipped it to asset-storage=grid in my test setup and it
works fine.  I was just concerned there might be a performance penalty.

It would be great if this was made less confusing as Justin suggested.