[Opensim-dev] RegionOnline status

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 1 19:17:35 UTC 2009

Frank Nichols wrote:
> There is a member in RegionProfileData (regionOnline) which is currently
> not used and does not exist in the region db table. I would like to add
> it to the region table as an enum and not a boolean. Currently the code
> assumes a region that has an entry in the region table is online (as far
> as I have figured out...) With this field in place we can impliment the
> requested feature of reserving regions as well as having regions online
> but not available for logins. I suggest the following enums:
>
> RESERVED
> OFFLINE
> ONLINE
>
> at least for starters.
>
> Before submitting a patch to support this, i wanted to get some
> direction and comments from the core developers and architects.

I think the people who could contribute most to this discussion are those who are actively running grids, a group that
will consist of both some core developers but also of other core developers.

On the surface a RESERVED state doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

Perhaps the nicest thing to do would be to make such code modular so that people are free to implement different
strategies for grid organization.

--
justincc
Justin Clark-Casey