[Opensim-dev] RegionOnline status

Frank Nichols frank at thenichols.net
Sun Feb 1 04:23:43 UTC 2009

There is a member in RegionProfileData (regionOnline) which is currently
not used and does not exist in the region db table. I would like to add
it to the region table as an enum and not a boolean. Currently the code
assumes a region that has an entry in the region table is online (as far
as I have figured out...) With this field in place we can impliment the
requested feature of reserving regions as well as having regions online
but not available for logins. I suggest the following enums:

RESERVED
OFFLINE
ONLINE

at least for starters.

Before submitting a patch to support this, i wanted to get some
direction and comments from the core developers and architects.

Frank