[Opensim-dev] Fwd: mantis resolved vs. closed

James Stallings II james.stallings at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 00:36:36 UTC 2009

Another approach to this issue, which more closely tracks the way in which
the broader group wants to use mantis, would be to take the elimination of
ticket states to the extreme, and have only two states: Unacknowleged (e.g.,
the issue has been reported), and Acknowleged (e.g., the ticket has been
seen and assigned.

Using these two terms achieves the goal of simplifying ticket state, and
leaves the final disposition of the ticket in an open state, until such time
as the submitter closes it or it is cleaned up by others working to maintain
the mantis in a more general sense.

Cheers
James

--