[Opensim-dev] physics interface / Re: OpenSim beginner question

Max 79 emmix79 at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:23:02 UTC 2009

 Thanks Dhalia for the hint, I got much deeper in OpenSim source code now,
but I have a problem to follow the connection to ODE . What is this
taintedPrim-flag for?....comments say it would be some kind of queue, for
not loosing updates, while a prim is locked...but who else might lock that
prim? I cut out and paste the particular piece of code at the end of this
mail.

Another thing I wonder about, where to find a function or class, that serves
for all that synchronization stuff. I think you must use this for objects
that are physics enabled but moved only after a collision or gravity. Those
must also be updated in the no-physics-scene. I don`t know how to find that
part of physics interface, can anybody help with this?

Thanks in advance,
Max

public override void AddPhysicsActorTaint(PhysicsActor prim)
       {
                     if (prim is OdePrim)
           {
               OdePrim taintedprim = ((OdePrim) prim);
               lock (_taintedPrim)
               {
                   if (!(_taintedPrim.Contains(taintedprim)))
                       _taintedPrim.Add(taintedprim);                }

Dahlia Trimble schrieb:

Hi Max,

The communication with the client is mainly handled in the class
LLClientView.cs (OpenSim\Region\ClientStack\LindenUDP\LLClientView.cs on my
installation). It communicates with the rest of OpenSim through various
interface classes. To make exploring the code easier, I would recommending
opening the OpenSim solution in Visual Studio or Visual C# Express and using
the "Go To Definition" and "Find All References" features that appear when
right-clicking on a identifier name.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Max 79 <emmix79 at googlemail.com