[Opensim-dev] Mumble & Voice

Robert A. Knop Jr. rknop at pobox.com
Sat Dec 5 16:17:35 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 02:34:38PM +0200, Toni Alatalo wrote:
> Jeroen van Veen kirjoitti:
> > does that mean that the prototype's version can be used as a dropin
> > replacement for SLVoice with the vanilla sl-viewer?
> >

> Yes, I think so. It was made about two years ago, dunno if has needed
> touching since, nor whether anything has changed in the ipc protocol
> recently that would break it with newer viewers.

I know that the API for Vivox changed sometime during the 1.23 cycle.
Right now, I think, the Vivox servers are supporting both old and new,
but at some point presumably they'll stop supporting old.  And, this API
wasn't just for the protocol between server and client, but also between
voice app and viewer.

As such, if something was made a couple of years ago, it will take some
changes (probably not too hard) to work with the current SL client.

--
--Rob Knop
  E-mail:    rknop at pobox.com
  Home Page: http://www.pobox.com/~rknop/