[Opensim-dev] Opensim Wave?

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sat Dec 5 12:41:58 UTC 2009

Jeroen van Veen kirjoitti:
> Is the google wave server component open sourced as well? I read somewhere
> that only the wave protocol is open, and that google will be the only service
> provider for now. Concerning functionality, i personally like the idea of a

There is an independent server implementation based on the spec at
http://pygowave.net/ .. the guy didn't have the patience to wait for
Google to release the reference server.

> interesting. It's then just a matter of creating a js-client with orbited as
> comet server, and later switch to websockets when they are supported by the
> main browsers.
> With ogre as the renderer in Naali, it may be not so much work to integrate an
> in-world awesomium browser that uses this technology.

We also have XMPP client stuff in use in Naali, was in 0.0.2 release -
used for IM (gtalk and other jabber accounts). This is using the
Telepathy library.

Sockets you can now use in trusted modules which you can write in C++ or
Python as you please, and most probably the ability is provided
Javascript (qtscript) too once we enable that (there's a minimal stub
qtscript module in trunk which we tested in Aug/Sep a little).

> Jeroen

~Toni