[Opensim-dev] LookingGlass in Wright Plaza

Mister Blue misterblue at misterblue.com
Wed Aug 26 05:17:20 UTC 2009

The LookingGlass viewer forge project[1] reached a milestone last
night of allowing me to walk and fly around Wright Plaza. If you ever
see an avatar by the name of Charm DeSnoozle stumbling around OSGrid,
that's me testing LookingGlass.

I made a video of the experience [2]. You can see that the frame rate
is very low and my overly aggressive object culling makes turning a
reloading experience. My work so far has been getting correct prim
representation and the framework in place. There are some texturing
errors (some textures are upside down and the textures on the tree
leaves are on the wrong sides of the prims) but, in general, the
current display is pretty close.

I hope to get the frame rate up and package this so there is a viewer
framework for people to build on. More information is available at the
LookingGlass web site[3].

-- ra

[1] http://forge.opensimulator.org/gf/project/lookingglass/
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88TZdYZTOkw