[Opensim-dev] bin/j2kDecodeCache

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 25 16:37:00 UTC 2009

At 11:02 25/04/2009, Nebadon Izumi <nebadon2025 at gmail.com> wrote:
>the j2k cache files do have their own subfolder, but the files should be
>pretty tiny but for every texture in your region you will have the decoded
>information.. these are very necessary at this point.  you can safely purge
>this folder every update and then run predecode-j2k on the console to
>rebuild them before anyone logs in saving the 1st login from slow load
>times.

Subject changed to come out of the 0.6.5 tag discussion.

Thanks for clarifying that folks.  I had been backing up the bin
directory, which was why I noticed it had grown by 50,000 files after
2 weeks of running!  I have texture switchers on one object (only
one!) which changes the texture every 30 seconds. It just switches
between the same 2 or 3  textures. So will I get new J2Kdecoder file
entries every 30 seconds and it grow forever? It seems to. I would
have thought it would reuse the previous ones?