[Opensim-dev] The essence of "grid"

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Tue Apr 21 00:18:54 UTC 2009

Just a quick note to inform that the discussion on this thread has moved
to the Discussion tab in
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Virtual_World_Model

Not ideal, but I can't think of a better process for brainstorming these
ideas, short of flooding everyone's Inboxes. Certainly not formal RFCs.
So in the good tradition of this project, if you have something to add,
speak pro-actively or be ignored.

My goal is to formulate concise, relatively high-level definitions (sort
of like "Love is...") that capture the largest possible set of use cases
for VWs and that can be understood by everyone for all sorts of
different purposes -- infrastructure development, licensing
formulations, etc.

Also related, as already pointed out:
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/CableBeachProposal
Note that, for this most part, the Cable Beach proposal is compatible
with the Virtual World Model currently in place, these are not competing
proposals; rather, the Cable Beach page offers more details about
possible implementations of the high-level model.