[Opensim-dev] Development models (was Re: The essence of "grid")

Charles Krinke cfk at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 17 20:38:09 UTC 2009

Well... I rather suspect we are all headed for the same place, but, ... we seem to be having some semantic 'challenges' lately.

I *know* that all the hearts are in the right place on this list and that all we have to do is be understanding and supportive of each other.

The thing that has gotten us this far has been a trust in each other. For two years now, we have used the software development strategy of 'just work on what your passion tells you'. And it has gotten us a long ways down the path.

Now,... we are having a modicum of success *and* the investment of all in terms of time and servers has gotten significant. So,... we are *all* (myself included) getting anxious whenever we perceive our 'use case' *or* our part of the creation of OpenSim feels threatened.

Anyway, ....

Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!

&&

Create what your passion dictates!